At most times, at least two courts are available for booking and bookings made by members are at no cost via the Pay2Play website – click here to book.
There are however some specific times that the courts are unavailable:
- Club Days – Saturday 1pm to 4pm, Tuesday 9am to 11am
- Thursday Interclub – Thursday 9am to 11am
- Business House – Mondays during summer 5pm to dark (not played during school holidays)
- Junior Club Day – Saturday 9am to 11am
- Junior Interclub – Fridays from 3.30pm to approx 7pm
Courts are reserved for Junior Coaching between 4pm and 5.30pm during winter 2020.
- Saturday from 1.30pm to approx 4pm
- Tuesday from 9am to approx 11am
- held all year round
- Various options for all grades through summer
- Balls supplied & interclub fees covered by Club
- Contact Cathie Clarkson (027 481 5425) or Neville Pettersson (021 0876 7132) for more info
- Singles/ Doubles/ Mixed Doubles – held annually in March/ April
- Teams of 2 men/ 2 ladies
- played on Mondays from 5.30pm during summer
- Non-club members welcome
- Contact Angie Ward 021 149 4499 for further info
Men’s Training Night
- Wednesdays evenings from 6.00pm
- Contact Neville Petterson (021 0876 7132) for further info.
- Cathie Clarkson offers several weekly sessions – a fun way to get fit and improve your skills.
- Contact Cathie on 027 481 5425.
- The Club is fortunate to have several coaches on-site offering coaching options to both seniors and juniors.
- Contact Head Coach Shane Wilson (027 257 7525) to discuss options and book a session.
The club usually holds two senior tournaments each year:
- Mixed Doubles Tournament – held usually in September
- Doubles Tournament – held usually in December
For over 20 years, we have been playing an annual match with the Kilbirnie Club in Wellington – alternating venue. This usually happens in late summer/ autumn and involves players of all grades. Keep an eye out in the Club news for this event.
- Courts 1 and 2 have lights and the control for these is in the club rooms next to the kitchen bench. There is a code for the door and this can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or texting 021 154 6332.
- There is a loose reciprocal arrangement that members of other clubs are able to play with you at no cost irregularly but non club members should pay a visitors fee of $7 per game. This can be paid into the club bank account which is available from email@example.com.
- Visitors on Club Days pay $10.
News & Info
- Regular updates via email
- Follow the Club on Facebook to keep informed (Havelock North Tennis Club)