Junior Coaching Options
Junior Hotshots Tennis is the national starter tennis programme for New Zealand children. Hot Shots is just for kids. Smaller courts, shorter racquets and softer balls mean that kids can play a proper game of tennis from the moment they step on court.
What does it cost? $50 for the 7 week term.
What does my child need to bring? Water bottle, hat.
- Cathie Clarkson (Red Stage 5-8yrs) email@example.com. Red stage kids are 5-8year olds who can play socially in hotshots or in our High Performance programme.
- Trevor Hinton (Orange Stage 8-12yrs) firstname.lastname@example.org. Orange stage kids are 8-11year olds who can play socially in our hotshots or HP programme.
- Zac Atkins(Green Stage 12+yrs) email@example.comGreen stage kids are 11-13year olds who can play socially in our hotshots or HP programme.
- High performance: The next step up from hotshots for more advanced Juniors. With addition of tactics, ball recognition and beginning to learn gamestyles. Learning stances, spins on the ball, consistency, directional changes all whilst having lots of fun. We cover a range of mental and physical tennis trainings over the 2 hours per week. Dan Willman (Yellow Ball HP) firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to hear what former tennis pro & ex US Tennis Development Programme Manager Pat McEnroe has to say about Dan & his programme.
Junior Holiday Camps
Contact Coach Shane Wilson for details.
For Club members:
Junior Club Coaching Free
- Terms 1 & 4
- Saturday mornings
- Played through school Terms 1 & 4
- Various grades, teams of 4
- Club members only
- Played at various HB clubs
- Fridays from 3.30pm to approx 7pm
- Contact Shane Wilson email@example.com for info
Junior club members have full access to the club facilities with their own unique gate code. As with seniors, it is generally an expectation that courts are for member use only – please contact a committee member if you have any queries regarding this.
Junior Club Championships
played in Feb/ March annually.